About a week ago, I picked up Angela Liddon’s The The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
. Since then I have become totally obsessed with making recipes out of this book. Now, neither I nor my family are vegan but it has not mattered. Everything I have made from this book has been super yummy! As I have stated before, I am always on the hunt for healthier snack bars to feed my family so when I saw the recipe for her Glo Bars, I knew I had to make them. Usually I make some substitutions or additions to recipes but these sounded so good I made no changes.
These bars were very easy and required very little time spent actually cooking- right up my alley. These bars are gluten free, no bake, refined sugar and oil free- yummy!!
- 1 1?2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1?4 cups rice crisp cereal
- 1?4 cup hemp seeds
- 1?4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1?4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1?2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1?4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1?2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon, brown rice syrup
- 1?4 cup roasted peanut butter or almond butter (I used almond butter.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1?4 cup mini non-dairy chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand) (optional)
- Combine ingredients through sea salt in a large bowl.
- Place brown rice syrup and nut butter on the stove until begins to liquefy.
- Watch carefully and stir frequently.
- Pour hot liquids over the dry ingredients.
- Stir well till all dry ingredients are coated with syrup mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips after mixture cools a bit. (I got impatient and stirred them in before it was cool and the chips melted a little. Fortunately, I like having the chocolate distributed throughout the bars!)
- Spread mixture in parchment lined pan and put in fridge until hardens.
- Once hard, take out of pan by lifting from parchment paper edges.
- Use pizza cutter to cut into bars.
- Store uneaten portions in the fridge.
Enjoy these tasty bars!